Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Philly

The home of brotherly love, The Roots, G. Love and Special Sauce and of course cheesesteaks. I had to try the cheesesteak at the famous Geno's Steaks in South Philly and I was a little disappointed. I wasn't all that flavorful or big. Then it was off to Citizen's Bank Park to see the Phillies host the Padres.



I got to the lots four hours before game time and was surprised to see a few tailgaters already. Phillies fans come prepared and party hard. But a little patience eventually people ran out of alcohol and had to visit "Joe's Traveling Tailgate Bar" where the liquor was flowing. I went through a bottle of Jack, a bottle of Vodka about a case of beer which more than covered my cost of parking and my ticket.



I got a standing room ticket which was a great way to explore the stadium all the way around and the view was excellent from any vantage point. Cole Hamels pitched a hell of a game. He had a no hitter going in the 7th until he got tagged for back to back homeruns. Adrian Gonzalez hit 2 HRs on the day and the Phillies continued to struggled to score in a 3-1 defeat. On a side note, it was $1 hot dog night so I had a real cheap deinner. For the most part, I found Philly fans to be rather nice and even friendly. A far cry from the people who booed Santa Claus.



Today I'm going to DC to catch Stephen Strausburg's debut against the Pirates. Should be a good one.



Sorry about no pictures, but I left my memory card at the place I was staying.

1 comment:

  1. Hey now us Philly fans are awesome and NICE! Well at least I was, I can't say too much about my friends and the morons who puked in the porto potty. I got you covered on the pics...I ever got a nice picture of your tailgating spot lol. It was nice meeting you too Joe, anytime your in the area feel free to give a shout. Remember what I said...there are 3 sections of Jersey...don't believe what you see on TV! lol

    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/njsurfrgurl/Summer%202010/tailgate1.jpg

    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/njsurfrgurl/Summer%202010/Hamels1.jpg

    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/njsurfrgurl/Summer%202010/warmup.jpg

    ReplyDelete