Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Braves Game

A couple of lessons learned today:
1) Do NOT attempt to leave Atlanta during rush hour- it took me an hour and a half to clear traffic

2) Make sure sunscreen is sweat-proof and clearly mine wasn't




Other than that today was great. I got to Turner Field two hours before game time and there was already more cars in the lot than I have seen at a Marlins game. The stadium has some really cool features like the giant neon Tomahawk in the outfield, Cartoon Network alley, and the statues of Braves greats in Monument Grove. I especially liked the enormous Chick-fil-A cow wearing a Braves hat. I had an unbelievable ticket, just four rows up in between home plate and the Braves dugout. The game itself was a pretty good one. Derek Lowe and Kyle Kendrick dueled each other pitch for pitch reulting in a 2-1 Braves win.






Spending the night in Charlotte before heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I have never been to Charlotte but the little that I have seen it is a pretty cool place and they have my favorite beer-Fat Tire! (Atlanta had it too but I did not have one there)

Shoutouts:
Ed Mitchell from Duke Realty for the amazing ticket
Charlie and Eleanor for the snack mix which came in clutch while sitting in traffic
Donald Morris for noticing I cannot drive from Milwaukee to Seattle in time to catch games on consecutive days, hence my flight
My regulars at "Joe's Travelin' Tailgate Bar"


And the dude that gave me two free beers when I tried to sell him two

Randoms:
The Corner Pub in Uptown Charlotte is a real cool place. If you are ever in Charlotte, check it out.
256 miles,72 songs
Songs of the Day: The Strokes "Someday", Nas and Tupac "Thug's Mansion, and Alkaline Trio "Good Fucking Bye"

1 comment: